Saturday, February 20, 2010
Low-Fat Marinated Cole Slaw
3 1/2 cups cabbage, coarsely shredded
1 1/4 cups red cabbage, coarsely shredded
1 cup carrot, coarsely shredded
1 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup onion, chopped
3/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup Splenda
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3/4 teaspoons dried mustard
1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
1) Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, toss gently and set aside.
2) Combine remaining ingredients in a small saucepan.
3) Heat over low heat until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly.
4) Cool dressing mixture to room temperature.
5) Pour vinegar mixture over cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
6) Cover and marinate in refrigerator for a few hours, stirring occasionally.