Friday, September 25, 2009
Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Browned Butter
8 servings (serving size: 5 spears)
* 40 asparagus spears, trimmed (about 2 pounds)
* Cooking spray
* 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
* 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
* Cracked black pepper (optional)
* Grated lemon rind (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°.
Arrange asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until tender.
Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Drizzle over asparagus, tossing well to coat. Garnish with cracked pepper and rind, if desired.
45 (60% from fat)
3g (sat 1.8g,mono 0.9g,poly 0.2g)