2 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger root
1 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
2 tablespoons fat-free half and half
1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2 cups frozen stir fry vegetable blend
2 (4 ounce) salmon fillets
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Make sauce. Peel ginger root and slice into 10 slices. Pour orange juice into a small saucepan. Add SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener and ginger root. Bring to a rolling boil over medium high heat. Boil 10-12 minutes or until orange juice has reduced to approximately 2 Tbsp. Remove sauce from heat. Remove ginger slices using a fork and discard. Set sauce aside.
3. Mix together the half and half, cornstarch and salt. Set aside. Whisk the softened butter, one Tbsp. at a time, into the 2 Tbsp. of orange juice. Stir until melted. Add half and half mixture. Stir well. Place saucepan back on heat. Heat over medium- high heat until boiling.
4. Remove sauce from heat and mix in a blender 15-20 seconds or until smooth and lighter in color. Set aside.
5. Prepare salmon. Place vegetables in an 8x8 inch-baking pan. Place salmon fillets on top of the vegetables. Bake in preheated 450 degrees F oven 10-15 minutes or until cooked through, but still tender.
6. Place vegetables and salmon on serving plates. Pour sauce over salmon. Serve immediately. Serve with steamed rice, if desired.
Serving Size: 4 oz salmon, 3/4 cup vegetables, 2 tablespoons sauce