Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Winter Roasted Root Vegetable Salad with Sauce

When I lived in NYC, I worked at the MoMA and we couldn't go home due to work. I invited all of my coworkers over for Thanksgiving and they all had to bring an ethic dish native to their family heritage. My friend from Boston brought this dish and I have modified it over the years. Enjoy!

1 cup diced parsnips
1 cup diced turnips
3 long carrots diced
1 medium white onion diced
1 cup brussels sprouts cut in half
8-12 fresh garlic cloves, peeled
olive oil as needed

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut up all veggies and spray bottom of baking dish with PAM. Place all veggies in baking dish. I suggest the Le Cruset baking dish that doesn't need tin foil and is super easy to clean up with no soaking. Drizzle veggies with olive oil. Sprinkle with black pepper and dash of salt. Toss veggies to coat and place in oven for 30-40 mins until tender and brown. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Place endive, spinach or mixed lettuce of choice in bottom of bowl. Cover with root veggies and then add the honey mustard dressing found here or the dressing of your choice. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I cannot find anything on your site that allows me to send you a personal note, except for this. I want to let you know that we have added a link to your blogspot on our website. Our vegetarian participants are so happy.

http://www.ourdailyjourneywls.com

Jamie

Best Bariatric Surgeon said...

Awesome, also on other place in US it can be found? any tasty and spicy food that I can take if I am am going for weight loss surgery

Dr. Deepak Jha said...

Thank you for sharing so much useful and unique information, it is useful for all. If you want to know more about breast cancer and its treatment.

Cancer Doctor in Delhi | Best Breast Cancer Surgeon in Delhi | best breast cancer doctor in Delhi | Breast Cancer Surgery in Delhi | Breast Cancer Treatment in Delhi