From Hello Healthy
• 1 head cauliflower (2 pounds or 1180 grams), cut into florets
• 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
• 4 large (50 grams each) eggs, lightly beaten
• 2 small (100 grams) carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
• 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 cup (65 grams) fresh or frozen sugar snap or baby peas, thawed and drained
• 1/2 cup (110 grams) vegetable broth
• 2 tablespoons low-sodium, gluten-free soy or tamari sauce (certified gluten-free if necessary)
• 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
• 1 green onion, sliced diagonally
Place cauliflower florets, in batches, in a food processor and pulse until it is the size and texture of rice. Set aside.
Heat 1/2 teaspoon canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add eggs; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until set. Transfer to a plate; thinly slice and set aside.
Wipe skillet clean; heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil over medium heat. Add carrots, ginger, and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high. Stir in cauliflower and sugar snap pea pods. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes until mixture is hot and cauliflower is crisp-tender.
Combine broth, soy sauce, and sesame oil; stir into cauliflower and cook 1 minute. Stir in reserved eggs; cook 1 minute until heated. Sprinkle with green onions and serve immediately.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups
Per serving: Calories: 277; Total Fat: 11g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Monounsaturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 212mg; Sodium: 523mg; Carbohydrate: 33g; Dietary Fiber: 10g; Sugar: 7g; Protein: 14g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 936mg; Iron: 15%; Vitamin A: 198%; Vitamin C: 187%; Calcium: 14%