Saturday, August 1, 2009
Pear & Gorgonzola Salad
* 1 cup walnut halves, toasted
* 4-6 cups torn salad greens, , trimmed washed & dried
* 1/2 cup vinaigrette
* 2 pears, peeled,cored & sliced
* 1/4 lb gorgonzola (You may substitute with Blue or roquefort cheese)
* 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
* 3/4 cup virgin olive oil
* 2 teaspoons shallots, finely minced
To make Vinaigrette------------------.
2.Mix vinegar, salt, mustard in a blender or food processor.
3.Very slowly pour in the oil while processor is on.
4.Process until an emulsion forms.
5.Taste and adjust seasoning.
6.Add shallots& pepper.
7.Best to make it fresh but may be stored for a few days in the fridge.
9.Toss greens with most of the vinaigrette.
10.Divide among 4 plates.
11.Decorate with pear slices and crumbled cheese.
12.Coarsely chop the walnuts and put on top of salad.
13.Drizzle the last of the vinaigrette over top.